How to link Aadhaar to Ration Card
Ration cards are used by many households to get the food grains and fuel at a subsidized rate. It also serves as a proof of identity and address like other documents such as passport and PAN cards.
However, there have been instances where an individual obtains more than once ration card depriving other deserving people. To combat such instances, the government of India decided to link ration cards with an individual’s Aadhaar card. As Aadhaar is a unique number identification having bio metric details of individuals, it will stop the instances where individuals obtain multiple ration cards.
Here is the process for linking Aadhaar to ration card online and offline:
Online linking of Aadhaar to Ration Card
1) Visit the official Aadhaar seeding website and click on “Start Now”.
2) Enter your details such as name, address
3) Now, select the Benefit Type from option menu and click on “Ration Card”.
4) Enter your ration card number, Aadhaar number, email address and mobile number.
5) You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number. Enter this OTP to process the application.
After successful verification of the details provided by the officials, you will receive a notification informing you that your Aadhaar card has been linked to your ration card.
Offline linking of Aadhaar to Ration Card
1) Take photocopy of your Aadhaar card along with photocopies of all your family members and of your ration card.
2) You will have to carry a photocopy of your bank passbook also in case you have not linked your Aadhaar card with your bank account.
Once documents submitted by you is verified by the relevant department, you will notified by SMS or email.
Source by indiatimes..Share: