Know how to book tatkal train tickets in minutes
Indian Railways has been constantly trying to make train travel smoother and hassle-free for train travellers. The tatkal scheme has proved to be a major boon for travellers as it allows them to book tickets on short notice. However, getting a tatkal ticket could be difficult if you are not aware of the process. Here is a list of thing you must know about tatkal train ticket booking:
- Tatkal tickets are available only from 10 am to 11 am for AC and non-AC classes. The reservation for AC classes opens at 10 am while for non-AC classes, booking starts at 11 am.
- Tatkal booking must be done on the previous day of journey, as the quota opens one day in advance. For example: If the travel date is 15th January, 2018, the tatkal ticket booking would open on 14th January, 2018.
- Indian Railways changed the tatkal quota code from CK and CKWL to TQ and TQWL respectively.
- As per this Indian Railway Circular, general waiting list (GNWL) is favoured over tatkal waiting list (TQWL) at the time of chart preparation. So ensure that you book only confirmed tatkal ticket as waiting list tatkal ticket has very less chances of confirmation and tatkal tickets do not go through RAC.
- Login from your Paytm account and confirm the following information: Travel destination, train name, train number, number of travellers. Thanks to our autofill function, every time you search for a station, there will be a list of popular and recently searched stations for your reference. Advanced traveller details prediction will prompt profile information based on your past booking history. This will let you book tatkal tickets faster and grab that last ticket.
- Keep your Id card details such as PAN card or driving license of one of the passengers handy to ensure that you do not have to search for it while booking tickets.
- For AC classes, also try booking in 2A (second ac), as for most of the routes, third AC gets filled first.
- Paytm ensures smooth payment experience for the users by making payment from the wallet secure and quicker. Pay using Paytm Wallet and book train tickets in less than a minute. To book your tickets without any hassles, ensure that you have enough balance in your Paytm wallet, as it helps you in faster checkouts.
Source by travelblog..Share: